It is my personal opinion that Young Living crushed it when putting together the most recent Premium Starter Kit. Every oil is so usable in many different ways. And they cover the bases from A to Z. It’s hard to imagine ever needing (wanting!) anything outside of those dozen powerhouses. But alas, each month I scroll through the product section of the YL site with longing in my heart, as I customize my monthly wellness box.
Here are my 20 Favorites that I have collected after purchasing my starter kit. These are things I will not be without after using and loving them. These are the things that get used daily or close to it.
1. Cedarwood: Cedarwood has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma that creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere to help support your nighttime routine. It smells amazing when paired with lavender, either in a diffuser or roller. It’s also an important part of my Bedtime Bravery diffuser blend. (See this post for the recipe.)
2. Orange: Orange has a sweet, bright aroma. With just a few drops, you can fill any space with a sense of peace, harmony, and creativity. This is also an ingredient in my Bedtime diffuser blend. Orange is great to pair with any oil or oil blend that smells too floral for your tastes.
3. Grapefruit: It’s the sweet, invigorating scent that associates Grapefruit essential oil with feelings of joy, satisfaction, and playfulness. It smells so good and so fresh. Definitely a favorite for morning diffusing in the kitchen as I get the day started.
4. Lime: With a bright and refreshing citrus scent, Lime essential oil smells just like freshly sliced limes. When diffused, this summery aroma can uplift your environment. I especially love it paired with Bergamot or Grapefruit. Can you tell I love citrus oils?
5. Bergamot: The last citrus oil on my list. Bergamot has a beautiful and uplifting aroma. It’s no wonder why it’s a common note in many perfumes. A close friend calls this her “happy oil” and I can totally see why!
6. Tea Tree: You’d have to live under a rock to not have heard about the benefits of Tea Tree oil. It is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils. The benefits of Tea Tree oil include cleansing properties and a refreshing scent and can be used for everything from home cleaning solutions to skin care.
7. Eucalyptus Radiata: Spa vibes, anyone? Eucalyptus has a sharp and fresh aroma that sparks a sense of refreshment and promotes a stimulating and rejuvenating environment anywhere it’s diffused. I love it paired with lavender. The benefit of respiratory support is well documented, too.
8. Oregano: An absolute must for my Wellness roller, which also includes Starter Kit oils Thieves, Frankincense, and Lemon. A quick Google search on the benefits of oregano oil will leave you with a day’s worth of reading!
9. Copaiba: Years ago I was told that Copaiba is the “enhancer” oil or the “amplifier” oil. Meaning, it will enhance the benefits of any oil you pair it with. For this reason, you’ll see it added to many roller recipes.
10. Vetiver: Vetiver essential oil’s aroma is earthy, eclectic, and exotic. It is super thick and takes a little finesse and a lot of patience to get it out of the bottle. It’s worth it though – I love Vetiver rolled onto the bottom of my feet at bedtime.
11. Northern Lights Black Spruce: My favorite thing to do/place to be in THE ENTIRE WORLD is hike in the mountains with my family. The sights, the sounds, the smells…ah, it makes me happy just thinking about it. Since we don’t live in the mountains, this oil helps bring the mountains to me in the suburbs. I take a huge inhale from the bottle when I need to escape life’s stress quickly. I love it diffused alone or mixed with pretty much anything. It’s also in one of my favorite DIY recipes, Lindsey Elmore’s Winter Hand Salve. This little jar of amazingness lives on my nightstand.
12. Purification: The name really says it all. Purification blend is great for zapping stinky odors in the air. Common uses, aside from diffusing, include adding a couple drops to laundry soap or on a wool dryer ball. I keep a paper towel in the bottom of our kitchen trash can (under the bag) and put a drop or two of Purification on it every time I change out a full bag for a fresh one. We also keep a diluted rollerball bottle ready for summertime bug bites!
13. Christmas Spirit: This one pretty much dominates my diffuser from November to January. Christmas Spirit taps into the happiness, joy, and comfort associated with the holiday season. It combines Orange, Cinnamon Bark, and Spruce to create a warm, spicy, and sweet Christmas essential oil blend. Holiday Happiness in a bottle!!
14. White Angelica: I am a recovered candle lover. We know they’re bad for us and that candles are a huge source of indoor air pollution (along with harsh cleaners and air fresheners.) We ditched the candles in favor of our YL oils YEARS ago. They support our health instead of hurting it. But sometimes I miss a good candle aroma. Enter White Angelica. It smells like a high end candle you’d find at Nordstrom. White Angelica combines 10 oils in one perfect little bottle. Smells. So. Good. It was created to promote a positive atmosphere and inspire feelings of security and optimism—no matter what life throws at you. I like a drop on my shoulders at the beginning of the day.
15. Endoflex: I use Endoflex every single morning. A Diamond leader I follow on social media likes to say Endoflex = Energy. It was created to support the endocrine system. I roll it on my throat and inner ankles.
16. Sleepyize: Sleepyize is from the KidScents line, formulated and prediluted with the little members of our families in mind. This one is a blend of calming and quieting oils. My son rolls it onto his upper chest as part of his bedtime routine.
17. Deep Relief: This was the first YL roller that I purchased. I don’t mind DIYing my own roller bottles at home but this particular blend only comes as a ready-to-go roller. And it does not disappoint. Deep Relief has that good tingle and is amazing at helping to melt tension away. I love it on the back and sides of my neck, along the tops of my shoulders, and sometimes on my lower back.
18. Progessence Plus: Another oil that I use every single day. At bedtime, rolled onto my forearms or inner thighs to keep my hormones happy.
19. Rose Ointment: Rose Ointment is a deeply nourishing blend and the answer to so many skin problems. A little goes a long way! We use it anywhere that feels in need of some extra love and attention. Think of that raw feeling on your nose and upper lip after you’ve blown your nose 342 times.
20. Thieves Household Cleaner: I could go on and on about Thieves Household Cleaner but I’ll keep it simple so I don’t bore you. How does a plant-based cleaner that offers effective, deep cleaning without the harsh or dangerous chemicals found in many traditional cleaning products sound? Good? Great! This cleaner is highly concentrated and will last you for months and months. I use it on EVERYTHING in our house, cars, RV, etc. One capful added to a glass spray bottle and filled with water is all you need. It ends up being around $1 per bottle to safely clean your home. Take that, store-bought “green” cleaners!!
BONUS!! I know I said 20 but it would feel wrong not to mention my most favorite oil of all time. White Light. I didn’t include it in the original list because it’s a special edition oil that it isn’t available often. I grabbed two bottles (the limit!) during the last Black Friday sale and consider myself lucky because it sold out in minutes. This oil captures the essence of a forest and then speaks its story to my soul. (I would have thought that sounded crazy before I got my hands on this oil.) It’s a blend of White fir, White cedar, White spruce, and White pine. And it’s perfect. My favorite way to use it is right before a meditation. It’s the perfect combination of grounding + uplifting. I cherish these two tiny bottles and will always buy more whenever given the chance.
I hope this inspires you to try something new or gives you an idea for a use you hadn’t thought of. Keep using your bottles of plant magic!