Here’s a recap of my week #2 marathon training.
All in all, a solid week. I am feeling good mentally & physically!
- Sunday, June 23rd: Long run, 8 miles • 11:19/mile pace
- I did my long run on Sunday instead of Saturday, thanks to a traveling mishap on Saturday. I waited to start until almost 9am, which wasn’t so smart since it was about 75 degrees when I started, and 85 degrees when I finished. It was a hot one! I went slow & steady since it was my first long run, and I stopped at home to refill my water bottle with ice water about halfway through, so those things helped me to feel pretty good throughout.
- Monday: 3 mile run, easy • 10:23/mile pace
- Easy recovery run along the lakefront kept it breezy & cool.
- Tuesday: Was supposed to cross-train by biking, but it was rainy/stormy out, so I did some core work & Pilates strengthening inside.
- Wednesday: 5 mile run, easy • 10:50/mile pace
- Ran with my training partner for a nice, easy 5 miles. Goes by so much faster when running with a friend!
- Thursday: 3 miles • 10:10/mile pace
- Ran along some roads in the hot sun & HIGH humidity. Sweat didn’t even seem to drip off…just stuck there. Gross & was glad when it was over.
- Friday: Rest day
- Saturday: My usual long run day, I planned it as a rest day due to wedding planning out of town all day, but did LOTS of walking…probably 2 hours total in the city and throughout some parks in Cedarburg (and moved my long run to the next day)
Here’s a look at what I have coming up this week:
- Sunday: 9 mile long run
- Monday: 60 minute cross-train (bike ride)
- Tuesday: 3 miles
- Wednesday: 5 miles
- Thursday: 3 miles
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: 6 miles